Popular Posts

Thursday, February 3, 2011

1st Blog Ever!

Hold your nose and Jump IN!  

Today was a Great Day for ME!   That seems kind of funny considering it really didn't start out that way.   My sons have been out of school for two days due to the latest snow storm.   Needless to say, today being our first day back, was a struggle to get the boys out of bed, into their snow gear and off to school.

I thought H-E- double hockey sticks had frozen over when my husband asked if he could take the boys to school for me, since the roads were slick.   I wasn't even suprised or upset 30 minutes later when he decided he didn't really have time/ want to take the boys to school.  I was standing in my PJ's thinking, OK, I can still pull this off, without a tardy slip.   I raced to get everyone ready.   I also had a meeting at 9AM that I needed to set up for so this was going to be tight.   I went out to my car in the garage to warm it up and nothing?   The battery was dead.   I tried texting and calling my husband but no response.   I thought for a second then entered his garage looking for the trickle charger that he keeps to charge his motorcycle during the winter.   This is a big step for me.  I am 35 years old and have never had a dead battery before.   I noticed on the Sears charger that it also said Starter.   Hmm?  It gave me choices of 2 amp, 10 amp and 50 amp.   I assumed the 50 amp was for starting your car?    My husband called as I was attempting to open my car hood and attach the charger.   He had his typical, irritated, glass half empty speech and then offered half heartedly to come get me.   I decided to go with my Mom's Famous Philosophy...."Just ask yourself - what is the worst thing that could happen?"   I followed the diagram on my battery and it was suprisingly really easy.   15 minutes later I was on my way.  
I was so excited and proud that I had not inconvienced my husband, tried and succeeded at something new.   I  know it sounds silly but I was really happy!   In a world where there are so many things out of your control, this felt like a victory.  Next step: Blogging!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see pictures of chocolate and chocolate recipes and here stories about chocolate, blog out chocolate dreams for us out here in plain candyville. Way to go on your first post, wanna hear more!

    ReplyDelete