Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kids, I Know What We Are Going To Do Today!


Middle class Martha woke up to a foot of snow surrounding her house after being awakened by the automated call announcing, No School Today!   I was so excited.   I LOVE these special moments when school is out of session and you have this tiny feeling like you are getting away with something.  - Devious Smile :-} 

I felt like Disney’s Phineas and Ferb this morning.   “Kids, I know what we are doing today!”   Snow Ice cream!   We tried this a few years ago and it turned out great.   Today, I think we will experiment with a few new recipes.   I’m thinking Strawberry?





Here is the basic recipe we used a few years ago.


Snow Ice Cream

Snow (approximately 8 cups)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix in a large bowl and serve :)  







We ended up making a simple syrup for my little one (3 years old then).  We heated 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar over medium heat in a sauce pan.   We stirred in a package of Koolaid once the sugar had dissolved.  Refridgerated the syrup and then poured it over our ice cream.







Breakfast:



We will get started after an Amazing Mom Breakfast.  The ever allusive "Mother of the Year Title" has escaped me so a nice "Thank You Mom" will have to do. :)  I made Star Wars Pancakes with hidden sweet potato puree (Williams Sonoma Pancake Molds), Bacon and Eggs.   They turned out really cute!  

Santa placed the Star Wars Pancake Molds in my husband’s stocking this year.   It was a bit of a joke.    We moved to our current house a year ago and had the movers mark my husband’s original mint condition Star Wars Toys as “High Value” and had them insured.   (If you could see the huge smile on my face, you would know Santa has a sense of humor!)  



The Star Wars Pancakes are a hit but I am partial to the Christmas Molds.    We use the Reindeer and Snowman molds Christmas Morning. (Santa brought those for the family)   Apparently, Santa has Williams Sonoma on "Speed Dial."    I like to look at it like I was REALLY REALLY GOOD!   

The Cutest Christmas Pancakes EVER also made with Williams Sonoma pancake molds.  Middle-Class Martha doesn't do anything middle of the road so Yes, We added Icing to our yummy delicious pancakes!  I snapped a Pic Christmas morning long before I knew I would be blogging.




Check Back this evening.   I hope to have a Middle-Class Martha designer snow ice cream recipe posted.   

Enjoy!

www.tres-sucrechocolatiere.blogspot.com
Middle-Class Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment