Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Recipes for when Tuesday turns into Monday’s “Do-Over”



Middle-Class Martha’s Morning began with the sound of my alarm at 5:30 AM.  I was just trying to get a head start on my very busy day.  My day would be filled with Laundry and Cleaning (you know the kind of cleaning you do when you are about to pretend your house ALWAYS looks like this).   A chocolatier during Valentine’s Day is a like being an accountant during tax season and my house is showing signs of needing a deep clean and reorganization.  

My groggy sons after much preparation are safely at school and “my day” can begin.  I am preparing my kitchen for a chocolate order I need to fill for a friend, who is hosting a baby shower.  Chocolate dipped strawberries, Oreos and sea-salted caramel top the list.   My friend Kate will be helping me prepare her chocolates.   I have picked out the cutest ribbon and boxes for packaging.



Outside I see my chocolate Labrador, named “Chocolate” eyeing my son’s homemade Fruit loop necklace, which he had accidentally left outside this morning.  A slow motion scene from Matrix meets Mom unfolds as I attempt to make it out the door in time to rescue the dog and the fruit loops from imminent danger.   My foot gets caught in the vacuum cleaner cord.  I stumble but regain my balance.  There is still time.   I grab for the door but it sticks a little.   Still time.    I rush outside just in time to grab the unharmed necklace.  Just then my feet are made aware that the mounds of melting snow had left behind a muddy bed equal to a banana peel scene in a cartoon.  I slip and fall flat in the mud.  My dog is so concerned about my injury; she is only able to choke down half of the necklace, yarn and all.  I gain my footing and begin pulling on the remaining yarn, which is half way down Chocolate’s throat.   She clenches her teeth so she may scrape off every fruit loop left on her half of the necklace, all the while opening her mouth just enough to not really be considered disobedient.

At that point, I felt like Monday had asked for “do-over’s”.   I get cleaned up and while in the shower begin thinking what the heck am I going to make for dinner.  I really don’t feel like cooking much of anything. 

 Please Enjoy My Monday "Do-Over" Dinner Plan!

Glazed Pork Chops
4-5 frozen pork chops
¼ cup Spicy Mustard
¼ cup Brown Sugar

Mix Mustard and Brown Sugar.  Place pork chops in a glass-baking dish.  Cover Pork chops with the mixture.  Place in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Ovens are different so make sure your pork chops reach at least 160 degrees in the center.

Serve with Mashed Potatoes, a Side of Green beans and a small salad.

Dessert:  Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches
Iced Oatmeal cookies:  2 per serving. 
Ice Cream
Sprinkles (Optional)

Place Ice Cream between two cookies.  Roll the edges in Sprinkles.  Place in an airtight container and refreeze for 30 mins to 1 hour. 



TIP: The extra mashed potatoes and green beans will go nicely in a quick Sheppard’s pie if …Monday was “Not ready for do-over’s and says not fair!  Re-do-over’s

Enjoy!
www.tres-sucrechocolatiere.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I wasn't the only muddy person today...I mean, sorry bout what happened!

    ReplyDelete